By 2050 the world’s population will reach 9.8 billion, urbanization will continue at an accelerated pace, and about 70 percent of the world’s population will be urban (compared to 55 percent today). Income levels will be many multiples of what they are now. In order to feed this larger, more urban and richer population, food production must increase by 70 percent. Source FAO United Nations.
To educate individuals, support enterprises and communities for sustainable future.
- to be recognised as an innovative and reputable education provider.
- to be the institution of choice for individuals with agribusiness and entrepreneurial spirit.
- to help our students become well-informed global citizens and employment ready in a rapidly changing and complex world.
- to align our training model in partnership with industry so we can produce the workforce of the future.
- to establish arrangements that provides clear pathways for our students to higher education.
- to connect globally with like-minded organisations in a range of international markets.
Integrity and ethical behaviour
Integrity and ethical behaviour are the guiding forces behind our personal and professional conduct at Ironwood. We strive at all times to uphold its principles.
We are committed to working with area businesses, community groups and our neighbours to improve the place we live in and do business by implementing environmental projects that benefit our community socially and economically.
We are a success based, goal orientated institution always looking to grow. Our growth is not defined or restricted by numbers but is defined in terms of personal empowerment and collective success.
We are on a journey of discovery. We are always looking for new and better ways of doing things for our colleagues and our students.
We believe in the power of positivity. We believe that there is always a solution. We believe that that with hard work, kindness, togetherness and respect, great things can happen.