The other policies and procedures are in the process of being uploaded to this page. Please contact the Institute by calling +61 8 8227 0300 or by email: email@example.com if you need any specific information.
Policies and Procedures
Ironwood is bound by the Education Services for Overseas (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code to enable international students to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding experience during their stay in Australia. It promotes quality education and provides consumer protection for overseas students. Ironwood claims its high standards through registration on Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS Number 03039E).
In order to offer courses to international students on a student visa Ironwood is required to:
- Be CRICOS registered
- Meet quality assurance standards
- Tuition Protection Scheme requirements
- Meet the obligations of registered provider
- Report students who do not comply with student visa conditions to Department of Education (DOE)/Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Please refer to ESOS Framework for further information at the Australia Education International website.
International Student Responsibilities
Your responsibilities as an international student are imposed on you by the conditions of your student visa.
The below summary of information should be read in conjunction with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website and Ironwood’s Policies. While it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with your visa conditions, Ironwood must also monitor your enrolment and notify DIBP of any breaches. DIBP may cancel your student visa if you are found to have breached your visa conditions.
Your responsibilities include:
- maintaining enrolment and course progress
- achieving satisfactory academic progress
- paying fees on time
- notifying Ironwood of any change of address
- maintain visa length Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).