Source: Social Media College
The course will be delivered in 52 weeks (one year).
Full time study for 42 weeks and a break period of 10 weeks between 4 study terms. Each study term is approx. 10 weeks long.
The scheduled contact study per week are 20 hours.
The classes are scheduled per study week for two full days (09 am to 05 pm) and third half day (either 09 am to 01 pm or 01 pm to 5 pm). There are also additional 10 hours of self-study scheduled per study week for students.
Intake Dates – 2020
Intake Dates – 2021
20 Jan, 24 Feb, 14 Apr, 19 May, 7 Jul, 11 Aug, 13 Oct, 17 Nov
Intake Dates – 2022
19 Jan, 23 Feb, 13 Apr, 18 May, 6 Jul, 10 Aug, 12 Oct, 16 Nov
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Applicants must be 18 years or older at the time of commencement. For complete details please refer to Domestic entry requirements
The detailed fee and refunds information is available at https://ict.edu.au/domestic-students-fees-and-refunds/
This Diploma of Social Media Marketing aims to provide graduates with social media and digital marketing knowledge and skills required to perform the following functions associated with roles such as digital manager and social media marketing manager:
- Review and evaluate the existing business, operational and marketing strategies and their applicability to social media
- Understand the benefits of each mainstream social media platform and how to utilise these platforms to benefit of the organisation
- Engage with a range of clients and stakeholders and tailor the social media and digital marketing strategy to these individuals
- Analyse and interpret an organisation’s vision, mission, values and objectives, and effectively apply this to the social media and digital marketing strategy
- Write and develop content for digital publication that is consistent with the organisation’s brand identity and marketing objectives
- Manage the business’ social media, email marketing and digital profiles effectively to increase brand awareness and generate revenue
- Use key performance indicators to monitor and improve overall social media marketing effectiveness, ensuring activity, quality, cost, and time requirements are met
- Manage a team to develop a comprehensive social media marketing strategy, implementation plan and strategic review process
- Lead a marketing team and present to relevant stakeholders the key learnings from the strategy and implementation
Total number of units = 8
Core Units = 5 Elective Units = 3
- SMMBCM501A Plan, implement and manage blog and content marketing (Core)
- SMMMSM502A Plan, implement and manage mainstream social media marketing strategies (Core)
- SMMNSM503A Plan, implement and manage niche social media marketing strategies (Core)
- SMMBPB504A Establish and build a strong personal brand in social media (Core)
- SMMEMS505A Plan, implement and manage email marketing (Core)
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments (Elective)
- BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan (Elective)
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work (Elective)
For further details about each unit of competency please refer to 10118NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing
Mode of Delivery
Face to face training.
Location of Delivery
Ironwood Institute is located at Level 3, 68 Grenfell Street, Adelaide 5000. The campus is in the heart of Adelaide City Centre, which offers an excellent blend of history, culture, modern lifestyle and congenial learning environment. The site is well connected by public transport (bus, tram and train).
Assessment methods include but are not limited to: Question and Answer; Case study; Work Sample; Projects; and Knowledge Tests.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded with 10118NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing. Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency within this Qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment. (By enrolling in this course, Ironwood Institute does not guarantee a learner will successfully complete and receive the qualification).
BSB61315 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication or any other Advanced Diploma qualification and Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Bachelor of Marketing and Communication or Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing). (Ironwood Institute does not guarantee automatic pathway to a university degree and advise students to seek confirmation with the university) Please refer to Ironwood University Pathways for further details.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. For those with appropriate work experience, knowledge and skills gained from this Diploma can help the candidate to take on the following roles which include but are not limited to:
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media / Community Manager
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
(Ironwood Institute does not guarantee an employment outcome, licence, or accreditation at the completion of this qualification).
Material and Equipment Required
A laptop with the Microsoft Office package is required for this qualification.
Obligations and Rights of Learners
Institute Policies and Procedures
The Australian Consumer Law provides consumer protection to the enrolled students at Ironwood Institute. The written agreement, and the right to make complaints and seek appeals of decisions and action under various processes, does not affect the rights of the student to take action under the Australian Consumer Law if the Australian Consumer Law applies.