Ironwood has a minimum level of requirements for age, academic and English language that the students need to meet to enrol in course(s) at Ironwood Institute. Please refer to the course level below to know your specific entry requirements.
We do not enrol students under 18 years of age in any of our courses. Students must be 18 years and above at the time of course commencement
Academic and Experience requirements:
|Certificate III, Certificate IV, Diploma & Advanced Diploma||Year 12 equivalent to Australian standards or above and/or Certificate level qualification from Australia||Not required|
|Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma||Please refer to individual course page for specific details as each program has different academic requirements.||Please refer to individual course page for specific details as each program has different experience requirements.|
English Language requirements:
The following English language tests results are acceptable at Ironwood Institute:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT). Please note TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) is not accepted.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English)
|Course Level||English Language|
|Certificate III, Certificate IV, Diploma & Advanced Diploma||IELTS: 5.5 overall with minimum of 5.0 in each module or PTE, TOEFL, OET or CAE equivalent and / or internal assessment organised by Ironwood Institute|
|Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma||IELTS: 6.0 overall with minimum of 5.5 in each module or PTE, TOEFL, OET or CAE equivalent and / or internal assessment organised by Ironwood Institute|
Alternative test scores benchmarked as against the IELTS bandscale as below
Test Score Band
Please refer to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/aelt for more details
- Domestic students are not required to submit any English language test if they meet academic requirements through their Australian education / qualifications. However, they may have have to go through internal assessment or interview process.
- Students with low English language proficiency scores will be required to undertake an appropriate ESL/ELICOS course to meet the entry requirements at Ironwood Institute.
- All students need to fulfil the GTE (genuine temporary entrant) requirements listed on Department of Home Affairs.
- An internal test and/or interview is generally done face to face at Institute premises if the student is in Australia. In other cases, it is done via skype and/or at one of our authorised agent’s office.
- All qualification certificates must be attested by a local Notary public or Justice of Peace or an authorised officer/agent of Ironwood Institute.