The course will be delivered in 26 weeks (0.5 year).
Full time study for 20 weeks and a break period of 6 weeks between 2 study terms. Each study term is approx. 10 weeks long.
The scheduled contact study per week are 20 hours.
The classes are scheduled per study week for two full days ( 09 am to 05 pm ) and third half day ( either 09 am to 01 pm or 01 pm to 5 pm). There are also additional 15 hours of self-study scheduled per study week for students.
Intake Dates – 2020
6 Jan, 10 Feb, 30 Mar, 4 May, 22 Jun, 27 Jul, 14 Sep, 19 Oct
Applicants must be 18 years or older at the time of course commencement.
Candidates must enter the qualification through one of the following entry points which demonstrate their potential to undertake study at graduate level:
- an Advanced Diploma or Diploma qualification relevant to an agrifood industry
- relevant extensive vocational experience in middle management in an agrifood industry at a skill level commensurate with the AQF level VI attributes and criteria
- higher education qualification (e.g. Bachelor Degree), with relevant vocational experience in an agrifood industry
For complete details please refer to Domestic entry requirements.
The detailed fee and refunds information is available at https://ict.edu.au/domestic-students-fees-and-refunds/
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in agribusiness. It reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to the managerial role in an organisation or business area. In these roles they make significant high-level independent judgements in major planning, research, design, operational, compliance and management functions within highly varied or specialised agribusiness contexts.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Training package qualification
Total Units = 4
Core units = 0 Elective units = 4
The following 8 units are being delivered in the AMP80215 Graduate Diploma of Agribusiness at Ironwood Institute and students can only complete 4 units form this list towards the completion of this qualification
- AMPMGT801 Manage financial performance (Elective)
- MSS407014 Prepare for and implement change (Elective)
- AMPMGT804 Develop and enhance collaborative partnerships and relationships (Elective)
- BSBINS603 Initiate and lead applied research (Elective)
- AMPMGT809 Analyse data for business decision making (Elective)
- AMPMGT802 Provide strategic leadership (Elective)
- BSBINN801 Lead innovative thinking and practice (Elective)
- BSBLDR801 Lead personal and strategic transformation (Elective)
For further details about each unit of competency please refer to AMP80115 – Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness
Mode of Delivery
Face to face training.
Location of Delivery
Ironwood Institute is located at Level 3, 68 Grenfell Street, Adelaide 5000. The campus is in the heart of Adelaide City Centre, which offers an excellent blend of history, culture, modern lifestyle and congenial learning environment. The site is well connected by public transport (bus, tram and train).
Assessment methods include but are not limited to: Role plays; observation/demonstration of practical skills; Case studies; Written reports; Presentations; Written/oral tests.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded with AMP80115 – Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness. Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency within this Qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment. (By enrolling in this course, Ironwood Institute does not guarantee a learner will successfully complete and receive the qualification).
This qualification offers pathways to Graduate Diploma of Agribusiness. Please refer to Ironwood University Pathways for further details
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. For those with appropriate work experience, knowledge and skills gained from this Graduate Diploma can help the candidate to take on the following management positions which includes but not limited to:
- General manager/Chief executive officer
- Senior manager
- Export/marketing manager
- Research and development manager
- Processing systems plant manager
- Compliance and systems manager
(Ironwood Institute does not guarantee an employment outcome, licence, or accreditation at the completion of this qualification).
Material and Equipment Required
Obligations and Rights of Learners
Institute Policies and Procedures
The Australian Consumer Law provides consumer protection to the enrolled students at Ironwood Institute. The written agreement, and the right to make complaints and seek appeals of decisions and action under various processes, does not affect the rights of the student to take action under the Australian Consumer Law if the Australian Consumer Law applies.