CRICOS Code: 093173J
National Code: BSB52415
Overseas Students Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their student visa. Overseas students will be charged an additional fee for OSHC. The OSHC rate will vary depending on the personal status i.e. single, couple or with siblings and duration of stay in Australia. Please visit the following link for further details: http://www.ahm.com.au
52 weeks including 15 weeks of break between 4 study terms
Full-time Overseas Students – 20 contact hours per week
BSB – Business Services Training Package
Applicants must have completed Australian year 11 or equivalent overseas qualifications, and be 18 years or older.
Overseas applicants are required to demonstrate English language proficiency. For complete details please refer to entry requirements.
Students with low English language proficiency will be required to undertake an appropriate ESL/ELICOS course to meet the entry requirements at Ironwood.
Local applicants will be assessed individually based on the relevant work experience, skills, knowledge and aptitude to undertake the course.
The entry requirements for BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communications are the 5 units listed below which also comprise the Marketing and Communication Foundations Skill Set or/and the core units from BSB52415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communications.
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMGT407 Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBMKG417 Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
- BSBMKG418 Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry
Face to face classroom and simulated environment training
Assessment methods may include the following:
- Case Study
This course is designed to deliver practical work-based skills and knowledge in marketing and communication to students. It will give them a range of managerial capabilities to ensure that marketing functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Students will learn to undertake research for target markets, promote produces and develop a marketing plan for direct and e-marketing opportunities and social media skills to highlight, lift and communicate the products and services of the enterprise to the wider community.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded with BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communication. Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency within this Qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment
Further training pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to BSB61315 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication or other Advanced Diploma qualifications
Expected Employment Outcome example
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include: marketing manager, marketing team leader or public relations manager
Note: Completion of an Ironwood course does not guarantee an employment outcome
Units of Competency
Consistent with Qualification Rules and prerequisite requirements the qualification offered by Ironwood comprises the following 12 units of competence:
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments (Core)
- BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work (Core)
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities (Elective)
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix (Elective)
- BSBMKG506 Plan market research (Elective)
- BSBMKG514 Implement and monitor marketing activities (Elective)
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans (Elective)
- BSBMKG521 Plan and implement sponsorship and event marketing (Elective)
- BSBMKG527 Plan social media engagement (Elective)
- BSBMKG525 Design effective web search responses (Elective)
- BSBMKG526 Develop strategies to monitise digital engagement (Elective)
For further details please visit http://www.training.gov.au
There will be monthly intake for on-shore students and a quarterly intake for overseas students. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmed dates.