CRICOS Code: 092550G
National Code: AHC31116
9,000 AUD Tuition fee
250 AUD Enrolment fee
350 AUD Training resources
373 AUD for personal protective equipment and tools (you may use these items for all your horticulture courses with Ironwood).
Note: The total course costs will be split evenly across 4 terms of study.
Overseas Students Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their student visa. Overseas students will be charged an additional fee for OSHC. The OSHC rate will vary depending on the personal status i.e. single, couple or with siblings and duration of stay in Australia. Please visit the following link for further details: http://www.ahm.com.au
52 weeks including 12 weeks of break between 4 study terms
Full-time Overseas Students – 20 contact hours per week
AHC – Training Package Qualification
Applicants must have completed Australian year 12 or equivalent overseas qualifications, and be 18 years or older.
Overseas applicants are required to demonstrate English language proficiency. For complete details please refer to entry requirements.
Students with low English language proficiency will be required to undertake an appropriate ESL/ELICOS course to meet the entry requirements at Ironwood.
Local applicants will be assessed individually based on the relevant work experience, skills, knowledge and aptitude to undertake the course.
Face to face classroom and practical training
Assessment methods may include the following:
- case study
- role play
- written exam
- practical exam
Graduates of AHC31116 Certificate III in Production Nursery will have factual, technical, procedural and theoretical knowledge in an area of work and learning. AHC31116 Certificate III in Production Nursery includes classroom and practical training and assessment to develop cognitive and communication skills in production nursery. It includes propagation methods, crop/plant selection, cultivation, management of soil, irrigation, fertilisers, weeds, pests and diseases, handling of chemicals and work health and safety (WHS) etc.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded with AHC31116 Certificate III in Production Nursery
Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency within this Qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Further training pathways from this qualification include any of the specialist qualifications at Certificate IV or Diploma level.
Expected Employment Outcome example
AHC31116 Certificate III in Production Nursery provides a general vocational outcome in for a nursery-person working in a production nursery. Job titles may include nursery person.
Note: Completion of an Ironwood course does not guarantee an employment outcome.
Units of Competency
Consistent with Qualification Rules and prerequisite requirements the qualification offered by Ironwood comprises the following 16 core and elective units of competence:
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to Work Health and Safety processes (core)
- AHCBIO301 Work effectively in an emergency disease or plant pest response
- AHCSOL301 Prepare growing media
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals (core)
- AHCCHM303 Prepare and apply chemicals (core)
- AHCIRG332 Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCIRG306 Troubleshoot irrigation systems (core)
- AHCNSY301 Maintain nursery plants (core)
- AHCNSY302 Receive and dispatch nursery products
- AHCNSY306 Implement a propagation plan (core)
- AHCPMG302 Control plant pests, diseases and disorders (core)
- AHCPCM301 Implement a plant nutrition program (core)
- AHCPCM302 Provide information on plants and their culture (core)
- AHCPMG301 Control weeds (core)
- AHCWRK303 Respond to emergencies
- AHCBIO305 Monitor and review biosecurity measures (core)
For further details please visit http://www.training.gov.au
There will be monthly intake for on-shore students and a quarterly intake for overseas students. Please contact email@example.com for confirmed dates.