CRICOS Code: 086297M
National Code: 10363NAT
Overseas Students Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their student visa. Overseas students will be charged an additional fee for OSHC. The OSHC rate will vary depending on the personal status i.e. single, couple or with siblings and duration of stay in Australia. Please visit the following link for further details: http://www.ahm.com.au
26 weeks including 2 weeks of break between 2 study terms.
Out of class activities up to 8 hours per week.
Full-time overseas students – 20 contact hours per week.
ACSF Level 2
ACSF tested by Ironwood English Language Literacy Assessment
For detailed entry requirements please refer to Entry Requirements
This qualification is English as an Additional Language (EAL) language and literacy education program that will enable students to develop the necessary language skills to participate in a broad range of community, work and vocational education programs. The program focuses on reading, writing and spoken skills; correct use of English grammar; mathematical concepts including fractions, multiplication and division used in real life situations. Students will develop learning strategies to support continuing language learning. This course is ideal for students who have a basic level of English literacy, language and numeracy skills. This program has been especially designed for international students who either want to improve their English language and communication skills or who want to attain VET qualifications such as a AHC30710 Certificate III in Horticulture
The learning outcomes include:
- Strategies to study in a range of learning environments
- Comprehending and participating in casual spoken exchanges
- Comprehending spoken and written information and instructions
- Comprehending and participating in telephone exchanges
- Participating in interviews
- Completing formatted texts
- Comprehending and composing story texts, informal texts and opinion texts
- Comprehending and composing job seeking texts
- Comprehending news and visual texts
- Comprehending and performing multiplication and division with whole numbers
- Comprehending and using fractions and decimals
Face to face classroom and simulated environment training.
- Group discussion / activities
- Case studies / scenarios
- Role plays
- Independent research
- Computer based activities
- Written and spoken exercises
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded with10363NAT Certificate II in Spoken and Written English. Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency within this Qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment
Note: Completion of an ICT course does not guarantee an employment outcome.
On successful completion this program provides students with a pathway to10363NAT Certificate III in Spoken and Written English or students may move into qualifications at the ACSF Level 3 such as the AHC30710 Certificate III in Horticulture.
Units of Competency
Consistent with Qualification Rules and prerequisite requirements the qualification offered by ICT comprises the following units of competence.
- SWELRN201 Module A Intermediate learning strategies
- SWECAS202A Module B Comprehending and participating in routine casual conversations
- SWEINF204A Module D Comprehending and giving spoken information
- SWEFOR208A Module H Comprehending written instructions and completing formatted texts
- SWEMTN212A Module L Comprehending and composing information reports
- SWEDIV216A Module P Comprehending and performing multiplication and division with decimal whole numbers
- SWEFRA217A Module Q Comprehending and using fractions and decimals
For further details please visit http://www.training.gov.au
There will be monthly intake for on-shore students and a quarterly intake for overseas students. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmed dates.